After a successful run in London, Rio and Tel Aviv, the first Google Launchpad event in India is being hosted between Feb 2nd and 6th at the Idiom office/DREAM Center, Bangalore.
What is Google Launchpad?
Google Launchpad is a five-day mentorship program for early stage startups and will be focused on mentorship areas that include Product strategy, UX/UI, Technology, Go-to-Market/Marketing and more.
Each day in Google Launchpad is dedicated to a specific subject and includes presentations, one-on-one mentorship, and a lot of focused work. The idea is to achieve rapid progress in a very short time using a lot of resources and mentors experience.
The first edition of Launchpad was originally launched in Israel, and it was so successful that Google has had about 14 of these events there since then, with each batch having 15-20 startups.
For the Bangalore event, there are about 20 mentors, half who are Googlers from California and Israel, including Amir Shevat, Google’s startup outreach program manager.
Around 20 startups are a part of the mentorship program. Some of the startups are:
· CoSight – Helps make sales executives more efficient
· Findulum/Smart Pocket – Manages all your loyalty cards on the phone
· AdWyze – Provides interactive direct response solutions
· Wazzat Labs – Delivers efficient image processing, computer vision and graphics solutions on mobile platforms
· BabyChakra – Helps parents discover and decide on local services for their children
· BlueHat (Englishdost) – BlueHat are a mobile education company targeting the B2C English learning market
· Frilp – Helps find shops and services used and recommended by your friends, colleagues and other like-minded people
· CashKumar – Allows you to get the best rate on foreign exchange
· RightDoctor – Helps find the right doctor for your ailment
· Expin.me – A story builder application
Idiom is the venue partner for this exciting event. The Google Launchpad event is taking place at the Dream Center, which is an encouraging space at Idiom, often used to think and work with entrepreneurs; exchange learnings, create big game changing ideas and take them from mind to market, with skill, speed and imagination.
The Dream Center has been designed to capture a spirit of organized chaos. Started years ago, there was a realization that folks, especially business folks, enjoyed chaos. Some of the most breakthrough ideas were created around a long table with basic sandwiches, loads of nimbu paani and coffee, open doors with people rushing about…a feeling that can be best compared to ideating at a traffic junction.
The Dream Center is a space that allows you to ask ‘what if’ or ‘why not’ questions…under a rain tree. A colorful, joyous space that morphs from a space and screen to gain inspiration from, in HD quality, to a space where the ideas flow free and fast. A space to learn, to co-create, to compete – to think, feel and most importantly, do!