Many people around the world have discovered the ancient technique to improve mainly your oral health, but your overall health in general. Oil Pulling is an ancient ayurvedic technique that’s been around for thousands of years. It has tremendous oral benefits, which include: anti-fungal, anti-bacterial properties, freshens breath, prevents cavities and gingivitis, strengthen the gums, and whitens your teeth. There are also other reported health benefits, not related to oral health, including reduced insomnia, pain relief, detoxification of your body, and some people even claim it is a hangover relief (interested now?). It’s also completely harmless, and 100% natural.
If this interests you, and want to give it a try, this is how you do it:
– You should practice this in the morning as soon as you wake up, before you’ve eaten or had any fluids.
– Get 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil(You can also use other oils such as sesame, sunflower, and olive oil. You should only use high quality oil however).
– Swish around the oil in your mouth for 20 minutes. You can start off with 10-15 minutes(or as long as you can handle), and then lead up to 20 minutes if you want/can. Don’t gargle in your throat, however, this is only for your mouth.
– Make sure that you do not swallow any of the oil as it will contain all of the bacteria and toxins that it collected from your mouth.
– After, spit out the oil. It is recommended that you don’t spit it out in a sink or a toilet because there’s a chance it might clog up the pipes, so the best option is to spit it out in a trashcan.
– Lastly, rinse out your mouth with warm water to remove all excess oil.
– For those who want to take this seriously, it is recommended that you do this 4 to 5 times a week.
You can find Tumhara’s Virgin Coconut Oil at Big Bazaar stores and Food Hall at 1MG Road.